Ever wonder what “full coverage” really means when it comes to car insurance? Well, it’s like this: there are two important parts to it—collision and comprehensive. Collision is when you’re driving, and something happens like you hit another car or something hits you. Simple, right? Now, comprehensive is a bit different. It covers everything that’s not a collision, like if your car gets damaged by fire, someone takes it, or there’s vandalism, even if a window breaks.

In this video, we’re going to break down these insurance terms so you can get a handle on when each one comes into play. Whether you’re a pro at this insurance stuff or just getting started, we’ll make it all clear and help you pick the right coverage for your ride. So, join us on this ride through the basics of comprehensive and collision coverage—it’s like having your own insurance decoder to protect your wheels!

Our owner and founder, Pat Brennan, explains more. Check out the video below!

What Is the Difference Between Comprehensive and Collision? – Entrust Insurance, St. Clair Shores

Video Transcription

“Comprehensive and collision, that is when you’re saying full coverage–It’s those two components together. Collision is very straightforward. You get into an accident on the road, you collide into something or somebody collides into you, that’s collision. Comprehensive, also referred to as “other than collision” is any other physical damage to your vehicle that is not a collision. I often refer to it as fire theft, vandalism and glass breakage, but just think of if your vehicles damaged and it wasn’t a collision that’s going to fall under comprehensive in most every single situation, and so when you add both of those onto your policy and say I want full coverage, that’s what you’re buying.”

Our Services

Here are all the insurances we can quote you for:

Whatever your needs are, we’ve got you covered. We will work hard to save you money. Click the button below for a free quote today!